Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 1 - onto day 2


I'm not sure I'm very coherent to actually write a decent blog at the moment but I will try to sum of the highlights so far!
Right now - I'm trying to get my day organized... Gloria - the last student has arrived safely and we are now all officially in the house! Breakfast is served until 12:00 and i'm craving eggs - so i'll be scrambling some up soon - or maybe Rommel is doing that right now! We have our first class with Luciana Valle at 1pm and I'm excited and nervous for that. She is one of my first teachers and I guess I hope that my students enjoy her.
We have a "natural" alarm clock here at the house - the school next door has their first recess at about 9:30pm or so - and somehow it seems to last most of the morning! or maybe it's just that i'm not used to a bunch of yelling children every morning and afternoon it seems!
Later we will be seeing how many of us want to go check out Miguel Angel Zotto's show at Teatro Astral tonite prior to the milonga...
We will head to a milonga as well later and yes, I've run out of time.
Last night we went to Salon Canning where the assistants met up with us. We saw Orquesta Sans Souci play - 4 bandoneon players and full orquestra - awesome - they were flawless. Chino Laborde sang with them - he is also the singer for Fernandez Fierro - really fantastic...
So
I'm off to class and will post pictures later

No comments: