Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Tuesday


I can't even start to explain how tired I am.
Everyone seems to be coming down with a sinus, cough, sore throat situation. Even me.
It's already 9pm and I have to start getting ready for the milonga tonite. The weekend was gloomy weather-wise and we spent it in Recoleta and then on Sunday in San Telmo, where we had our 2nd group dinner at a restaurant called, Manolo, at Bolivar and Cochabamba. Recommended by Jose Luis and so we went and we were a little disorganized in our ordering so it took forever to get everyone fed. But I think we ate ok.
We had our 3rd group class with Dany "el Flaco" on Monday and that went well I think. Of course, he is an older milonguero and speaks a lot about being sensitive with the floor and with the partner. He taught us some milonga steps and told some stories - I translated - my head was spinning after 1-1/2 hours of assisting and translating. I didn't know what language I was speaking! It was interesting to hear him say that it was important for him that those who take class with him pass on what he has to share. One of our assistants, Isaac, was one of Dany's students and he kept bragging about Isaac, so that was a good experience.
Today was another running around day - shoe shoes shoes..... and more shoes... So alot of the boys didn't buy shoes on the first round - as they wanted to see all the choices, so today they were running around buying shoes. All the girls wanted to hit the famous "comme il faut" and ironically only 2 girls bought shoes there.... Holland finally found a pair of shoes - yeah!!!! At some point I want to gather all the shoes and take a picture - we will look like a tango shoe store all by ourselves!!!
Tonite some of the group is going to a different milonga and then meeting up with us - we'll see how that goes.
It is Tania's birthday today and we've been doing little things for her all day long it seems. I wanted to get her a cake and just didn't do it!
Tomorrow, 7 of us are going to the Boca soccer match. That will be interesting. Tickets were expensive but hey, not everyday you get to see a semifinals match.
I think I will have time tomorrow to post a little more....

No comments: